As I stated before, this is a very emotional thing for everyone involved – including the birth mother.
Currently, the birth mom is having some "letting go" issues and is saying she does not want to sign the consent tomorrow and instead wants to wait until Little Bug is released from the hospital. She is not thinking rationally at this point. The lawyers are not certain if she is just wanting to delay things or if she is having second thoughts about her adoption plan for this baby.
As you can well imagine tonight has been extremely hard and very emotional and the most important thing to do at this point is to PRAY:
1. Pray that God will give the birth mom the peace, strength and courage to put her pen to that paper TOMORROW MORNING and sign. Pray whatever reservations she is feeling at this time will be taken away and she will remember that she wants this baby with us.
2. Pray with the counselors, physiologists and lawyers who will be meeting with the birth mom tomorrow. Pray for wisdom and discernment and that they will know the things birth mom needs to hear to be able to process the emotions she is feeling tonight and then sign the papers.
3. Pray for our hearts tonight and that we will be able to rest. This is so incredibly hard. As soon as we learned of all this we started the prayer chains immediately. We called several people to come to our house and we, along with those people, spent close to 2 hours praying. Scriptures were prayed and read and everyone just poured their hearts out to our mighty God asking Him to do another miracle.
My specific prayer was that the birth mom would even tonight call the lawyers and say lets do it asap tomorrow morning.
And now I call on all the prayer warriors who read this blog to pray! And if you would, spread the word, please.
Thank you for praying. I will update as often as I can tomorrow.
My heart is at peace but my nerves are on edge not knowing what tomorrow brings.